Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Two For Tuesday


JUST PLAIN GRUMPY........

I have been "just plain grumpy" lately.....it's not like me to be this way. I am normally the perky girl (who everyone secretly wants to be like) at 8 a.m, even after 4 hours of sleep, and at 1 a.m, when I am more than likely just getting around to getting to bed!! I have my guesses why I snap at my hubby, who doesn't deserve it, and am impatient with my 3 year old's who have huge attitude problems, and take out everything on anyone I come in contact with.... I mean it couldn't be that I am awake around 7:30, when my twin toddlers come downstairs and wake me during a wonderfully steamy dream about my hot hubby....or that I just went to bed around 1:30, cause "I just couldn't wind down", or that during those hours of "rest" my 4 month old who is going through a growth spurt, wants to nurse every hour of the night. ...I don't think it could be the stressful thoughts of our very possible move from Columbus to Cincinnati in the near future.... Maybe it's..no....it couldn't be that one of my twins has been extra whinny, and wants me to pick her up and hold her constantly, all the while holding onto my legs everywhere I go, while Omers, my baby, wants to nurse, and while Bug wants me to look at every line she draws(oh, and now she needs her butt wiped), and now my hubby is home and is really into groping me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No....what am I thinking....I MUST be crazy..........AAAHHHHHH........

whew...I feel better now!










Do you like eating dessert for breakfast? Well this is for you...




CHOCO MONKEY OATMEAL




I recently found this great recipe for anyone wanting to watch their weight, or just watch something yummy go into their mouth!!




Ingredients:


1/4 cup hot water
1 packet splenda
1/4 cup cold water
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1 packet diet hot cocoa mix(25 calories)
dash salt
1/2 medium ripe banana
1/3 cup oats(not instant)




Directions:



Pour cocoa mix into a glass with cinnamon, sweetener and salt.
Add 1/4 cup of hot water, and stir thoroughly. Once cocoa mix has dissolved, add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir.
Place mixture in the fridge to chill. (Make sure it is cold, or oatmeal may bubble over when cooking!).
When ready, combine with mashed banana and oats in a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, and mix well.
Microwave dish for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes (depending on how thick you like your oatmeal).
Give it a stir, and then allow oatmeal to cool and thicken. Enjoy!




This sounds really strange....and I don't like Oatmeal, but me and my kids really like this!!!

2 comments:

HiHoOhio said...

that looks like it would solve any of my blues, even at bedtime instead of ice cream! And at least those girls can make you smile.....I just know it!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family! I'll have to try that oatmeal recipe.