" Ah Ha! She was pretending" Too funny!!!!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
What is your kiddies favorite place to be??
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Well it's Throwback Thursday time!! This is where I bring up a pic from way back when!
This pic today was almost exactly 4 years ago...it was from Feb of 2005! This was the first time I caught the girlies holding hands! It was sooo precious. They are only around a month old here...Too precious...
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
This is a pic of my first child...lol... This is my puppers Jackson (or when he's in trouble it's Jackson Andrew..) Someone kicked him out of there car by where Cory used to work, about 9 years ago....He knows I am a dog lover so he brought him to my apartment...Jackson is my baby, although since having kids, he's kind of been on the back burner.....he is about 11 years old, but I think he still looks like a puppy sometimes. He is a mutt, but I think he's either a springer spaniel, or a brittany spaniel mix...not quite sure...
The other night I fixed something really yummy and just thought I would share it with ya!
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion diced
1 package taco seasoning(low sodium)
1 package dry ranch dressing mix
1 can black beans
1 can fat free refried beans
1 can kidney beans
1 28 oz can of tomatoes
1 can of mexi corn(or fiesta corn)
1 can of tomatoes with chilies
brown turkey with onion, don't drain, add taco seasoning and ranch mix and cook together for a minute
start opening cans and start dumping them in...don't drain them...simmer together for an hour....
I topped this soup with baked tortilla chips(crushed) on top, cheddar cheese, fat free sour cream, and some fresh cilantro(which I am totally addicted to) It was yummy!!!!!
This is also a great recipe because I had everything but the cilantro and chips already here!!
Hope ya love it!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Here is a little family shot-minus Omers, she was napping....
Here is Lo before the party-she is sporting the tutu I made her and also a shirt that I had made for her..
And here is Bug in her outfit as well.....she is posing!
I made their My Little Pony cakes....they didn't turn out like I would have liked, but the girls loved them and that is the main point!
These are some adorable aprons that their GiGi(great grandma) made for them. They love to cook and pretend to cook, so these are perfect for my little chefs in training...and the fact that my mamaw made them is something we will cherish forever! They had a really wonderful day but now we have to pack up their new things and they are sad...They each got a Big Wheels, and I won't even open the box(we do have a foot of snow), an they will be easier to move in the box! But they will soon get to play with everything again!
Monday, February 2, 2009
In the world of blogging, being tagged means that one of your blogging buddies has petitioned you to participate in an ongoing blog post and you have the responsibility of "paying it forward" and inviting several of your blogging buddies to do the same.
The idea behind this tag is to find out more about our blogging buddies by having them list/describe/fabricate 20 random things about themselves that we don't otherwise know from reading their blog.
Here are the official rules:
create a list of 20 random things about yourself, link back to the blog that tagged you, tag 20 new folks by linking to them in your post, then leave a comment on each of their blogs letting them know they've been tagged!
20 Random things about Kristan:
1. I just did this on facebook, so maybe I can copy some of them!
2.I have an associates degree in Recreation and Wildlife with my major as Backcountry Horsemanship......umm yeah!
3. I originally went to college for Nursing, and I later went back to be an Ultrasound tech, but we moved and there weren't any schools near us for that program :(
4. I grew up in the Church of Christ, and was baptized the same day as my older sister(Halloween, 1992)
5. I have 2 sisters and a brother, I am second in command!
6. I love silly teeny bopper shows, like One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, then also Private Practice, Grey's...I just love TV in general!!
7. I am a competitive person..I have always loved sports, and can't wait for it to get warmer so Cory and I can go out and do things outside..
8. I can be a tomboy and a girly girl..I love to dress up, but yet love to camp and fish, and hike!
9. I do not have a green thumb...I really wish I did, but I just don't!
10. I love love love to cook for my family!
11. I have never been outside of the US, but I hope to someday!
12. I was born with a heart defect and had to have open heart surgery when I was two..
13. I don't get it when people tell me they don't have email....
14. I am a coffee addict! I love it anytime of the day!
15. I am a sucker for a really good brownie, and I think I make some darn good ones!!
16. I am going to learn how to can veggies this year, I am sharing a garden with my little sis
17. I hope to start a children's shoe line soon!
18. My daughter was born with Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus, and Chiari II, and it has made me a more compassionate, tough, faithful person...I hate it, but I wouldn't trade my daughter for anything
19. My hubby looks really hot naked...lol....bet that made ya perk up!!
20. I am such a goof ball....alot of people don't see my really goofy side...I would really embarrass myself!!
She Does Hair
The McMommy Chronicles