Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saddness.....

Tonight I did something that I really don't care to do again!!

I had to go to calling hours for a little boy who was just 13 months old. His name was Grant....

He passed away Friday morning from complications from congenital myotonic dystrophy....it is a really severe when found in infantcy. He was born on September 27th, at 30 weeks.........I remember so well when I found out he was born....

Grant was in the hospital 9 months out of the first 12 months of his life......Poor baby.....

I think being a Christian gives you some peace when it comes to death....there is this all knowing peace, especially when it comes to children. I know that Grant has gone home to see his daddy! He doesn't have to fight and struggle just to live anymore. During the calling hours I looked around at all the faces and hardly saw any tears....these people knew...they knew that Grant was probably snuggled up on God's lap right then and there!!! OF course I am sad for his parents.....I cannot imagine, and frankly don't want to imagine what they are going through....

No matter what are struggles are, there is always someone going through something worse. I think sometimes we take life for granted. We just assume that we will be here for another day, another week, another year. But this isn't always true. I have tried to live my life...at least the last 8 or so years without any regrets. I have tried to put any past wrong-doings behind me, and leave the past in the past....I cannot and will not live my life in bitterness!

I have thought about nothing but my beautiful healthy children in the last couple days......I promise to give them that extra hug, and kiss even when I am frustrated, and make sure I tell them I love them even more than I do already................Grant was a handsome little fella who never complained.....I wish I could be more like him!!!

1 comment:

Kayla's Mom said...

My heart goes out to Grant's parents. My little girl was born with congenital myotonic dystrophy in July 2005 and has struggled a lot since birth. Please send my condolences to the family for me and let them know that a stranger is sending thoughts and prayers to them at this difficult time.

Regards,

Lisa Vittek
lisa@global.t-bird.edu
Kayla's Mom